As we further on this Ramadan journey, we should remember that reading as much as The Qur'an as possible should be one of our goals. The reading schedule to complete The Qur'an is in the previous post, but we would like to add the verses below that require Sajda after reading them:
- Surah Al A'Raf (7) Ayat 206
- Surah Al Ra'd (13) Ayat 15
- Surah Al Nahl (16) Ayat 50
- Surah Bani Israil (17) Ayat 109
- Surah Maryum (19) Ayat 58
- Surah Al Haj (22) Ayat 18
- Surah Al Haj (22) Ayat 77 (Shafi)
- Surah Al Farqan (25) Ayat 60
- Surah Al Naml (27) Ayat 26
- Surah As Sajdah (32) Ayat 15
- Surah Sa'd (38) Ayat 24 (Hanafi)
- Surah Hamim Sajdah (41) Ayat 38
- Surah Al Najam (53) Ayat 62
- Surah Inshiqaq (84) Ayat 21
- Surah Al Alaq (96) Ayat 19
HOW TO PERFORM SAJDA-E-TILAWAT
Sajda Tilaawat will be performed like a normal Sajda. Wudhu is a condition.
There is no Sajdah Tilaawat when the Aayat of Sajdah is heard on tape.
Face the Qiblah and without raising the hands, recite Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar), going down in the Sajda position. In Sajda, recite Subhaana rabbiyal a'alaa at least 3 times. Thereafter, reciting the Takbeer if you wish to. If you wish, you may arise from the Sajda position into the Tashahhud position. The Sajdah Tilaawat is now complete. There is no need for Salaam.